Sunday 4 August 2013

The Excitable Dog's Paradise Sensory Spa

P8044932

It might have been G who told me first about it "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response", wherein small sounds, speech patterns, and tactile encounters are thought to produce "tingles" or braingasms in some people. You can read about people and their experiences with it all over the internet... Huffington Post: Nicholas Tufnell - ASMR: Orgasms for Your Brain, or The Independent: 'Maria spends 20 minutes folding towels': Why millions are mesmerised by ASMR videos...

Yesterday I realised that there are lots and lots of videos on the internet of people roleplaying in spas, roleplaying haircuts, massages, and other things along with sounds like tapping, crinkling, brushing, and running one's nails over an uneven surface. Believe me, its a whole cottage industry of youtube videos of people pretending to touch your ear and whisper to you sweet nothings while standing and whispering very very close to the camera. The roleplay is totally asexual. It's really just what it is. Someone pretending to give you a haircut, and nothing more than that. Watching all these videos in which people specifically only make the video in order to showcase these small sounds, I've also realised that the reason why I like RRCherryPie's videos of miniature fake food is because of the tiny tapping and crinkling sounds he makes with the packaging. Right. Not at all weird. Not at all creepy. And don't doubt the power of ASMR. It hasn't yet been explained scientifically yet. But some people do report that they get relaxation from the videos and sometimes even a tingling sensation in the scalp.

So a lot of my projects begin this way. I see something like GentleWhispering's Paradise Lab, or WhispersUnicorn's Haircut and Shave roleplay, and think "What a curious genre of youtube videos this is". And I'm like, hold on a moment, couldn't I also make my own ASMR video too?...

And so, now I have.

Welcome to the new luxury series of
The Excitable Dog's Paradise Sensory Spa
Made specially for your relaxation...



In this video, I calmly brush the Excitable Dog with a fan brush, and then a nylon brush, and finally a large bristle brush. I got some of these brushes from Donna Ong so I don't know what they were previously used for, but I'm sure they were used to brush nice artistic things, so they are brushes of nice but mysterious origin. I wonder if the Excitable Dog likes being brushed all over with mysterious brushes. After brushing the Excitable Dog, I also brush "you", and part of the table, and also eventually I brush the other brushes. Its a brushapallooza. Insert apology for having an excitable voice. Why am I even brushing my toy? Who is watching me brushing my toy? Will anyone get funny feelings from watching me brush my $2 daiso toy? Are there really lots of people out there obsessively googling for ASMR videos so they can get to bed? I don't really know. Let me know or leave a comment...



BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
I've made another video for G to learn some random chinese words with. So here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment